Ready to talk to N. Korea: Tillerson
“We are not looking for a regime change, we try to convey to the North Koreans that we are not the enemy”
The United States is willing to talk to North Korea, it is always in agreement with the condition that such talks move to its désannulation said on Tuesday Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, reiterating the position of the United States hitherto unacceptable for Pyongyang .
M. Tillerson has not ruled out a military attack on North Korea in statements that were not strictly in the State Department on Tuesday.
Rooting for a diplomatic breakthrough in a rapidly unfolding crisis as the first major test of the six-month administration of President Donald Trump, M. Tillerson said:
“We have reaffirmed our position with regard to North Korea, as we do, we are not looking for a regime change; we are not looking for the fall of the regime, we do not seek accelerated reunification
Peninsula; We are not looking for an excuse to send our military north of the 38th parallel (the border between the two North and South Koreas) … and we try to convey to the North Koreans that we are not the enemy, we are not their threat, but You are presenting an unacceptable threat and you have to respond. ”
North Korea held two intercontinental ballistic missile tests last month and its leader, Kim Jong-un, said that “the entire American continent” is already at hand. The United States took the threat seriously.
Last month, national security adviser H. R. McMaster said that war plans were in place, such as the president. CIA chief Mike Pompeo recently said that regime change could also be an option.
The United States and its allies flew bombers on the Korean Peninsula on Sunday by demonstrating strength after the second intercontinental ballistic missile test.
Little by little, as tensions grew, South Korean President Moon Jae-in has committed to implementing more interceptor missile systems – Terminal High Altitude Area of American Defense manufacture, or THAAD – in response, indicating a turning in his position.
About 30,000 US troops are in South Korea, which will be the first target of any retaliation from North Korea.
Meanwhile, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said Tuesday that M. Trump had assured him that if “thousands of people die”, they will die in North Korea, America will not.
“There is a military option to destroy the program of North Korea (missiles) and North Korea itself … If there is going to be a war to stop, it will be there.If thousands of people die they are going to die there, they are not going to die Here and (Trump) told me to my face, “said M. Graham on a television show.
In response to Mr. Graham’s remarks, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, “The president has obviously been very outspoken about how North Korea feels.
We are weighing all the options, keeping all the options on the table, and as we have said many times, we will not share what we do.